One registrant representing practice is required for appointment by the CRNBC Board to complete the term of office for the practice position on the Education Program Review Committee (EPRC). Term of office for this position expires June 30, 2012. The registrant appointed to complete this term of office will be eligible to be considered by the Board for re-appointment to a three-year term of office at the June 2012 board meeting.
The up to 12-member EPRC reviews education programs preparatory to entry-level registered nurse and nurse practitioner registration and recommends to CRNBC’s Board whether to recognize such programs and the terms and conditions of recognition.
- Eight to 12 full-day meetings are held each year at the CRNBC offices
- Pre-meeting preparation requires a time commitment of 6-8 hours
- Nursing practice leader with nursing practice experience
- Master’s or doctoral preparation, or substantial equivalents
- Time to commit to the role
- Appreciation/understanding of the role and duties of the Committee
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Strong communication skills
- Reasoned decision-making
- Ability to support and foster a meeting culture that is respectful of the questions and opinions of all members
If you are interested in being considered for appointment to the Education Program Review Committee, please complete the Registrant Application Form and return it to CRNBC no later than Monday, December 12, 2011.
COMMITTEE EXPENSE POLICY
CRNBC assumes that voluntary participation in CRNBC committee business carries with it the expectation that an individual agrees to contribute time as a volunteer and, as is reasonable, will arrange his or her affairs to minimize claims. If required, expenses are reimbursed in accordance with expense policies approved by the CRNBC Board.
Orientation information, ongoing supports and resources are made available to all CRNBC committee members.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Contact Caroline Millan, Governance Coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org